Video Player Captions
The iconik Frame-Accurate Video Player can playback video and show Captions/Subtitles whilst playing when they are available.
When captions are available, an icon will show in the video player next to the audio icon.
Clicking on this will open a menu with which you can:
- Turn off the playback of Captions/Subtitles.
- Choose between the available Captions/Subtitles.
Captions or Subtitles have to be associated to one asset. The caption file should be either in .vtt or .srt format.
The asset must be a Video Asset.
- Go to the Asset page for the assets that you have Captions or Subtitles for.
- Open the Formats panel.
- Drag the Caption/Subtitle file from your computer into the formats panel.
- Alternatively click and use your browsers file chooser to select.
- A modal dialog will open.
- Select the language from the list that the subtitle file contains.
- If the caption file is for closed captions click Closed Captions.
- Repeat if you have more captions.
Google Video Intelligence Captions are AI generated captions with details about what the frames contain.
- Go to the asset which you wish to genereate time-based metadata.
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner.
- Select Analyze.
If you have the correct role you will be able to delete a caption, it is however not possible yet to delete a Google Video Intelligence Caption.
Please make sure that you wish to delete the format
- Open the Formats Panel for the Asset.
- Right click on the format which you wish to delete.
- Select Delete Format.
- In 24 hours the caption will be delted.