Assets can have a name applied to them which we can a title to describe their content, their usage or simply as a reference. These Assets titles can be renamed.
By default the Asset title is inherited from the original file name
- Visit the assert that you wish to rename
- Click on the title
- Enter the new name or edit the existing one.
- Press Enter/Return on the keyboard to submit the change.
Titles are a special metadata field for display and searching purposes only.
When change the title for an Asset we follow these rules:
- The filenames of all files are kept as they are originally.
- The download name of the file is kept to the original file
- Any subtitle or other associated files do not get their name changed
- The ID (UUID) of the asset is kept the same
We are not planning on changing the above rules, as doing so will have many side-effects