An Asset PlaceHolder is an asset without any files associated with it.
The following are example use-cases:
- When you are expecting an asset to come in, and you want to set ACLS.
- Integration with external systems.
- For final delivery Assets that already can have metadata and relationships that have not yet been created.
Go to the search page, and do the following:
- Click on the gearbox.
- Choose Create PlaceHolder
- In the dialog that appears fill in a title for the placeholder.
- Click on to create.