Assets can have multiple versions. Each version of an asset represents a new media file, typically that has gone through some changes as part of an editorial workflow, such as review/approve. We think that you should typically use versions to manage revisions of media over time, and then use separate assets for different uses cases.
Asset versions can be managed though the iconik interface, where you can upload new versions or select existing assets to be a version of another asset. Assets will get annotated with a number in the search results showing how many versions they have.
Asset versions are shown in the Asset's page in the top row.
If there is only two versions you see the text v.2 on a gray area. If there are multiple versions there is a small arrow to the right of the text which opens up the versions display.
To view a different version:
- Open the versions display by clicking the version number
- Select the version you want to see by clicking the date next to the version number.
- The asset page now shows a different version than the latest.
When viewing a version that is not the latest, there is an indicator in the top row saying "This is not the latest version - Switch to latest" where you can click to get to the latest version
- Adding new version
- Deleting versions
- Promoting old versions to the latest
- iconik storage gateway versioning