ISG on Mac OS
This section contains everything you need to know about installing and managing the iconik Storage Gateway (ISG) on MacOS.
ISG requires Mac OS 10.14+ (Mojave) to 11 (Big Sur). We recommend Intel-based Macs as we are currently validating Apple Silicon.
For local transcoding to work you will have to install ffmpeg, ghostscript and ImageMagick. Make sure they are in the path for the user running the service. If you do not want local transcoding you can skip this section and go directly to the Installation next.
To get frame accurate playback in other browsers than Safari you also need mp4mux from Bento4
Unpack the correct package, and copy the
mp4mux binary to
You can also install all three packages via Brew: https://brew.sh/ and then run:
brew install ffmpeg imagemagick bento4 poppler ufraw ghostscript
This will install the ISG and the Mac Tray application. The first time it will automatically start the Setup Wizard.
- The first step will ask you to log in to iconik using the Web interface. Once that is done and you approved the application to use your credentials, go back to the installer.
- Then select "Setup new iconik Storage Gateway" and press Next
- Give it a name that makes it possible to identify it (Default is your computers name followed by ISG)
- Select the Local folder that you want to scan and press Next
- This will set the ISG up to use Local transcoding and not keep the original files locally. If you want to use any other settings, please click "Advanced Settings.." and that will take you to the Storage configuration page (See also Creating storages).
- When you are done with your advanced settings press Finish
The Tray application is visible as an iconik icon in your top navigation bar on you Mac, where you can access the menu to start/stop the service, as well as getting to the configuration and viewing the logs.
ISG will install its config files in
/Library/Application Support/Cantemo/IconikStorageGateway where you will find
Unload the service for now.
sudo /bin/launchctl unload "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cantemo.IconikStorageGateway.plist"
config.ini to look like this (See Setting up how to get the correct values)
[main] app-id = 22f34c6e-268e-11e7-ac53-6c4008b85488 storage-id = 15fa3f68-7693-11e7-bf0c-02420a021013 iconik-url = https://app.iconik.io/ auth-token = eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsImlhdCI6MTUwMTU3NjAyNCwiZXhwIjoxNTAxNjE5MjI0fQ.eyJpZCI6IjMzMjFkMjIyLTc2OTMtMTFlNy1hN2EyLTAyNDIwYTAyMTAxYSJ9.sgag4OQb19J9qT1IAdKZYAqbpIoai7oW60Mahye7o8s sleep-time = 10 max-transcoding-jobs = 1 file-upload-parallel-uploads-num = 4 file-download-parallel-downloads-num = 4 log-filename = /Library/Logs/Cantemo/IconikStorageGateway/default.log
Start the service
sudo /bin/launchctl load "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cantemo.IconikStorageGateway.plist"
For following the log file, you can use the following command:
sudo tail -f /Library/Logs/Cantemo/IconikStorageGateway/default.log
Additional logs are available here, organised by Storage ID: