Storages map to the storages used to hold files by the system.
Typically different storages are used for different purposes such as:
- Files: For storing the main files.
- Keyframes: For storing keyframes.
- Proxies: For storing proxies.
- Exports For using the storage as an export location.
- Archive For using the storage as an archive destination.
There are also different Storage Types that iconik can interact with:
- File: Used by the iconik Storage Gateway.
- Amazon S3: Storage accessed using the Amazon S3 Protocol.
- Google Cloud Storage: Storage accessed using the Google Cloud Storage Protocol.
- Backblaze B2: Storage accessed using the Backblaze B2 Protocol.
- Portal: Access to Storage that is controlled by Cantemo Portal.
Storages have a state associated with them:
- Active The Storage is active and can be used
- InActive For defining the storage as not to be used.
- Failing Storage is failing to be accessed by iconik, this could be because iconik can't reach the storage or the accessed credentials do not work.
As well as the above there are a number of other attributes for a storage. Please see the guide on how to setup storage for more information.
Storage may optionally have transcoders associated with them. The transcoders must be given Read and Write access to the storage though the storage itself.