Before using metadata in iconik you need to define the different field types that will make up the metadata. This is done by defining them as Metadata Fields.
Metadata Field Attributes
Each metadata field has attributes that control how metadata is stored and represented for that field.
This is the type of data that would be expected to be populated in this field. You can choose between the following types:
- DropDown: Choose from a list of options that are Key-value pairs.
- String: A simple string of data.
- String Exact: A string that expects to be matched exactly using the search.
- Tag Cloud: Multiple choices that will be displayed as a Tag Cloud. Doesn't use a predefined list of possible values.
- Text: A long string of text.
- URL: A url that will be displayed as a clickable link.
The Name of the field.
The label that will be shown in the user interface
A Description of the purpose of the field.
The maximum value that can be entered in the field. For example for integer - will be used to ensure the maximum number that can be entered.
The minimum value that can be entered in the field. For example for integer - will be used to ensure the minimum number that can be entered.
Whether the field is required to be populated when a user is entering metadata
Hide if not set
Will hide this field from the User Interface if there is no value populated.
Use as facet
Define whether this field should show up in the Search Filters.
This is optional for dropdowns to define what choices are available for this field
This is used for dropdowns to enable the user to be able to choose more than one choice.