Transcoders are used to take one format for an asset and create another format. A typical example is to take a video from a Original with high bit-rate and resolution and create a lower-bitrate proxy for it. iconik uses transcoders for the following media types:
iconik has built in transcoders for supporting the majority of video, image and audio files that it deals with.
It is possible to connect third-party cloud transcoders to iconik to further the capabilities of iconik. Typical reasons include:
- Make use of existing investments or deals you may have.
- For integration with your own storage and systems.
- To support formats that iconik doesn't natively support.
Transcoders are mapped to storage as the transcoder must have access to storage to Read and Write files.
- ELEMENTAL_MEDIACONVERT Elemental Media Convert
- ELEMENTAL_SERVER Elemental Server
- ENCODING_COM Encoding.com
- FFMPEG Use FFMPEG
- IMAGEMAGICK ImageMagick
- REDLINE Red transcoder
- TELESTREAM_CLOUD Telestream Cloud
- VANTAGE Telestream Vantage
- ZENCODER Zencoder