User Groups are used to group together users this could be for the following use cases:
- Match Organizational departments.
- To organise users in to the functions that they need to perform on iconik.
- Match Active Directory or User Directory systems.
- When used with third-party directory integration such as SAML.
- So that users in the same group can see the same Assets, Collections and Saved Searches.
The use cases cover both easing Administration and actually be able to give the user's within a group the roles and functionality they need.