A File entity holds a reference to a physical file with a path on a known storage. iconik needs to be able to at least read a file, and in most cases Read, Write and Delete access should be given so that iconik can perform file movements, renames, transcoding operations and delete operations as requested.
- FILE File is type file
- DIRECTORY File is type directory
- SYMLINK File is a symlink
- OPEN File is Open
- GROWING File is Growing as it's being transferred or written to.
- AWAITED Waiting for file for transfer
- CLOSED File is closed
- FAILED File has failed checksum or other details.
- ARCHIVED File has been archived for it's usual storage
- MISSING File is missing (such as deleting it off a storage directly, instead of through iconik)
- REDISCOVERED File has been discovered again
- DELETED File has been deleted using iconik
Filesets are collections of files. Typical use cases:
- Image Sequences.
- Multi-file based video formats.