iconik Image Transcoder for iconik Storage Gateway
The iconik Storage Gateway needs in most cases it's own transcoder for generating image files from your image files. This should be installed when setting up the iconik Storage Gateway.
You can define the Max Width and Max Height in pixels of the image generated by the transcoder - which gets used depends on the aspect ratio of the image i.e Portrait images would hit the Max Height setting before they reach Max Width. images are typically created at 72dpi.
Larger images will give a better preview for review, but take up more storage space and will take longer to download and display. A size of 2048 for both width and height for each is a good starting point if you are unsure what to set these parameters to.
Please note we do not upscale images
- Data - Additional data and options to be sent to the transcoder for advanced usage.
- Max Width - The Max Width of the image in pixels that will be created.
- Max Height - The Max Height of the image in pixels that will be created.
- Include Patterns - The transcoder will only transcode files which contain the (case-sensitive) pattern from this field. Examples:
*exclude*(match file/folder with substring
*.mov(match file/folder that ends on
- You can also use regular expressions:
re:/^.*\.mov$/(match file/folder with
- Exclude Patterns - The transcoder will ignore files which contain the (case-sensitive) pattern from this field.