Transcoders can be setup to help transcode supported formats (such as certain video, audio and image files) types into types for other applications and for display in the iconik interface.
Transcoders that you create are mapped to a Storage whether it's cloud or storage using the iconik Storage Gateway.
By default iconik uses it's own internal transcoders for it's own storage and if you are bringing your own cloud bucket it will use the internal transcoder unless you specify a different one.
You can administrate transcoders if you are an admin from the Admin pages within iconik.
It is possible to connect third-party cloud transcoders to iconik to further the capabilities of iconik. Typical reasons include:
- Make use of existing investments or deals you may have.
- For integration with your own storage and systems.
- To support formats that iconik doesn't natively support.
- ELEMENTAL_MEDIACONVERT Elemental Media Convert
- ELEMENTAL_SERVER Elemental Server
- ENCODING_COM Encoding.com
- FFMPEG Use FFMPEG
- IMAGEMAGICK ImageMagick
- REDLINE Red transcoder
- TELESTREAM_CLOUD Telestream Cloud
- VANTAGE Telestream Vantage
- ZENCODER Zencoder