Hedge EditReady Transcoder for Iconik Storage Gateway
The iconik Storage Gateway (ISG) can use Hedge's EditReady Server to transcode its supported formats.
This transcoder allows for support of more formats that iconik alone can not handle whilst being extremely quick to transcode.
- Max Proxy Size - The maximum resolution that we will create proxies for that are viewable with a web browser in Iconik. We will not upscale small content, but larger resolutions will be downsized.
- Bitrate - The maximum bit rate to use for proxies in iconik.
- Include Patterns - The transcoder will only transcode files which contain the (case-sensitive) pattern from this field. Examples:
*include*(match file/folder with substring
*.mov(match file/folder that ends on
- You can also use regular expressions:
re:/^.*\.mov$/(match file/folder with
- Exclude Patterns - The transcoder will ignore files which contain the (case-sensitive) pattern from this field.
- Create edit proxy - Create a proxy more suitable for editing workflows. If you have created a preset already you can configure ISG to use it (see below), otherwise the following options will be used:
- Max Proxy Size - The maximum resolution that we will create proxies in. We will not upscale small content, but larger resolutions will be downsized.
- Minimum Source Size - The minimum size of the source video that will cause an edit proxy to be generated.
- Videocodec - Codec to use for the output proxy.
- Local storage path - Directory to store edit proxies, if not configured they will be saved in the same directory as the source file.
- Destination storage - The storage to upload edit proxy files to if desired.
- Destination storage path - The specific path to upload edit proxy to on the destination storage.
- Delete after upload - delete the local edit proxy copy after upload is complete.
These options can be added to the ISG's
config.ini, see also ISG Advanced Options.
To use an existing EditReady preset for creating edit proxies set the full path to the preset file, for example:
editready-preset = /Users/my-user/Library/Application Support/EditReady/my-preset.erpreset
To change the path to EditReady:
editready-binary = /path/to/EditReady Server