Other formats are formats that are not directly related to the main type of the original file that was uploaded. For instance if your asset is a video file, and you upload a PDF into the asset then the PDF will be listed under other formats.
This is useful for storing scripts, documents alongside rich media files.
You can manage and formats using the panel above either by right clicking on the row or by using the three dot menu
The other files shown in the files panel are presented in a table like the following. Each Format might be listed on more than one storage.
|Format Name and Type
If the format is stored on more than one storage, there will be multiple filenames shown next to each storage it's on.
Media Formats can be administrated by right clicking on the row containing the format or clicking on the three dot menu.
- Go to the asset's page.
- Open the files panel
- In the files panel find the format or file that you wish to work with.
The options available can depend on whether you have the correct roles to perform the action, or ACLs on the asset.
- Download - To download the file
- Transfer/Copy - To transfer the file to another storage
- See Metadata - See the technical metadata
- Archive Format - To archive the format
- Delete - To delete the format.
To upload a new proxy see uploading format.