Jobs are used to manage tasks. They typically are used to perform operations which take some time, or have multiple steps in them. As an administrator it is possible to view all jobs which have been done initialized by anyone in the same iconik account.
Examples of jobs are:
- Transcode to create a preview of a video, audio or image file
- Transfer - copying a file from one place to another.
- Delete - deleting an asset and the associated files.
Jobs have an associated status - such as:
And they can be cancelled, restarted and deleted if you need to.
Some jobs are composed of multiple smaller jobs - such as when you are performing bulk operations, each operation could be performed in a separate job, with it's own history and progress. Sub Jobs are reported on the parent job.
Jobs are automatically created when an action is performed on a collection, asset or other entity where the operation can't be done immediately.
- Click on ADMIN in the top navigation.
- Choose Jobs from the left navigation bar by pressing the icon.
There are two views of the jobs:
Click on the links above to learn more.