iconik Portal Sync Introduction
Cantemo Portal™ is Cantemo's flagship Media Asset Management system with powerful solutions for media, metadata, file handling and transcoding
Cantemo Portal can synchronize automatically with iconik using iconik Portal Sync. This means you can easily share assets and collaborate with a global audience and external stakeholders, no matter where they are.
- Easily share and collaborate on media that is located on premise and controlled by Cantemo Portal, regardless of location.
- Connect multiple Cantemo Portals to iconik for multi-office, multi-location scenarios.
- Uses Artificial Intelligence to make it easier than ever to discover content that is controlled by Cantemo Portal
- Use Cantemo Rules Engine 3, to create rules that can be triggered automatically selecting which media should be syncronized to iconik.
- Depending on what you choose to upload, either the original, proxy, or thumbnails will be pushed to iconik, along with the associated metadata.
- Cantemo Portal installation in one or more places.
- Cantemo Portal should be at version 3.3 or later
- Administrative access to Cantemo Portal for configuring
- An iconik account, with an administrators account for configuring
- Outbound firewall rules allow Cantemo Portal to communicate with the iconik REST API, and the cloud storage you are using. There is no requirement for inbound firewall rules from iconik to Portal.
Cantemo Portal is distributed with it's own Administration documentation for that version of Cantemo Portal, and this is available from Cantemo Portal and you will find the documentation under apps for iconik Portal Sync. This documenation is also available online at https://doc.cantemo.com/latest/AdministrationGuide/apps/iconik/main.html
Configuring iconik for Portal Sync
The first step is to create a storage in iconik representing the Portal instance.
In the Admin section, under storages, create a new storage (See also Creating storages):
This storage should have the purpose
Files and the Storage Type set to
- Storage Name - a descriptive name
- Storage Purpose -
- Storage Type -
Make sure to give it a name you understand.
On the next page make sure you select the Read permission. iconik Portal Sync does not need write permission to the Portal storage.
When you are done setting everything up press
Create which will show you the configuration for the newly created storage.
storage_id which you can find in the list of storages, and put that in to the configuration file as
ICONIK_PORTAL_STORAGE_ID. You find this in the URL when you are editing the storage in the format
Now it is time to create an application and a token that the Portal Sync will use for authenticating to Iconik.
In the Admin section, under Settings / Application Tokens, create a new application and select the user that the Portal Sync will act as.
Copy the App ID and Token to the corresponding places in the configuration file.
The User selected in the Application is required to have asset creation permissions, and be a member of the Group you will put in to the configuration file.
The Portal installation instructions mentions
ICONIK_ADMIN_VIEW_ID. You will find these in your URL if you click on a Group or a Metadata View in the Admin section in Iconik
The Group you select will get permissions on the assets created, and the Metadata View need to include all fields you want to be able to sync from Portal to Iconik