System Search Settings
iconik lets you choose some defaults for how your users will interact with search in iconik, such as:
- The default columns users will see in lists of search results: Display Columns
- The default filters users will be able to use in search: Display Search Filters
User's will then get these defaults, which they can override with their own personal settings.
- Click on ADMIN in the top navigation.
- Choose Settings from the left navigation bar.
- Choose System Search Settings Tab
These settings change the search functionality.
- Search in Transcriptions - Enables the search to return results based on content of transcriptions
- Default Metadata View in Filters - Choose which is the default metadata view to appear in the search filters
You can turn on and off from the default columns that iconik provides for list view. These include:
- Thumbnail: A small thumbnail
- Title: The main title of the Asset or Collection.
- Approval: Approval status
- Analyze: Whether the asset has been through Analyze
- Created by: The person that created the Asset or Collection.
- Date created: The date that the Asset or Collection was created
- Media Type: An icon representing media type.
In addition to this you can choose Metadata Fields that you have created on iconik.
This will change the list of filters that a user sees in Search Filters. You can turn on and off metadata fields from the filter as well as standard iconik fields. You can also drag and drop to change the ordering.
Only Metadata Fields that have the attribute Use in filters will be available in this list.
If the field already has the attribute Use in filters enabled, otherwise go to Metadata Field Administration and enable this.
- Click on the "Add a filter" to choose what will become a new filter.
- Choose a Metadata Field to add to the filters.
- Hover over the field and a red cross X will appear on the right.
- Click on the red cross to remove.
- Hover over the field that you wish to move.
- Click and drag to the position that you wish it to be at.
Both the Display Columns and the Display Search Filters can be reset to default. In the title bar for each there is Restore Defaults link that will do this for you.