Adding Backblaze B2 Storage
To start with please ensure you have the following details ready to configure iconik with your Backblaze B2 Storage (your Backblaze B2 administrator should be able to provide these if you don't have them):
- Key Type - Choose between Backblaze B2 Master Application Key and Application Key
- keyId - The ID for the Application key set with your Backblaze B2 account. Make sure it has access to all buckets, it is required to set CORS.
- applicationKey - The application key for your Backblaze account.
- Bucket Name - The name of the Backblaze B2 bucket you wish to use.
- Bucket ID - The ID of the Backblaze B2 bucket you wish to use
If you are setting up a third party bucket we strongly recommend you read our knowledgebase article Controlling Costs as using iconik with third party buckets may cause costs for you.
- Click on ADMIN in the top navigation.
- Choose Storages from the left navigation bar.
- Click on + NEW STORAGE to open the form to create a storage.
- Choose the purpose for the storage.
- Files - for general storage of files.
- Keyframes - The storage stores only keyframes generated by iconik.
- Proxies - The storage stores only proxies generated by iconik
- Export - The storage is a destination for export jobs.
- Archive - The storage is an archive destination.
- Select Backblaze B2 as the Storage Type
- Input your keyID, applicationKey, Bucket Name and Bucket ID as gathered in the preparation step.
- Optionally add a root Path if you don't want iconik to use the whole storage.
- Add unique id to the filenames - turn this on to avoid filename collisions. This setting will be inactive for archive storages - and the filename will be kept as it is on the source storage
- Select Read if you want iconik to be able to read files on the storage.
- Select Write if you want iconik to be able to write files to the storage.
- Select Delete if you would like iconik to have the ability to delete files on this storage. Please note, that if this is set to true, that when an asset is deleted in iconik it will also be removed from this storage when Purging
- Select Enable Scan if you wish to enable scanning for new files on this storage. A label "SCAN" will be visible next to the storage in the list. Click on SCAN to scan through the cloud storage and add the new files to iconik.
- If you only wish to scan a subset of the directories on this bucket, you can enter in Scan Directories which will limit the scanning to these directories only.
- Click to continue.
iconik will verify that is has access to the storage and report back if it finds that it doesn't have the necessary requirements or the credentials do not work.
There are more parameters that can be configured, and these are detailed under: editing Backblaze B2