Adding a Custom Action
You can add as many custom actions as you need into iconik
- Click on ADMIN in the top navigation.
- Choose Settings from the left navigation bar.
- Choose Custom Actions from the menu that appears from under the Settings icon.
- Click on + NEW CUSTOM ACTION at the top of the list
- A modal dialog will appear
On the top of the list:
- Select the title for the custom action.
- Select from what context the trigger can be called.
- Asset - lets you manually trigger an asset from the asset's page or the search page.
- Collection - lets you manually trigger a collection from the collection's page or the search page.
- Bulk - lets you manually trigger multiple marked entities from the search page.
- Saved Search - lets you manually trigger multiple marked entities from saved searches.
- Shared Asset - trigger from page a user gets when visiting an asset share.
- Shared Collection - trigger from page a user gets when visiting an collection share.
- None - Show the custom action on the search page when nothing is selected.
- Select what call will be made, POST or Open. (See Post and Open Custom Action for more detail)
- Add the URL which the custom action shall POST a message to.
- If you have selected POST and you want HTTP headers sent you can define the header, and the value. Click + ADD. Headers can only be added to custom actions of type POST.
- You may choose to add a metadata view that can be filled in when the custom action is triggered.
- Choose the App name from the list of Application Tokens
- Choose whether the custom action should be enabled or not.
Click + ADD to add the action.