Underneath the preview of the asset there is the comments form. There are two types, Comments and Time-Based metadata shown by icons. Make sure Comment is highlighted.
The following steps will help you understand how to add comments:
1. Choosing Timecode
Video assets allow you to choose a timecode for the start and end points of the comment in relation to the Video Asset.
If you want this to be for a particular timecode enable the Timecode switch, then you can enter timecode in these ways:
- You can click on the timecodes then type in timecode for the start and end timecode of the comment.
- You can play the video, and use the I key for marking an in-point, and using the O key to mark the outpoint.
- You can use a combination of the above. Be sure to click out of the timecode onto the video to start using the keyboard shortcuts.
2. Typing the comment
In the large text box you can type the comment. The text box supports unicode text entry meaning you can also add Emoji and other characters not usually found on your keyboard.
3. Choosing a color
You can optionally choose out of the eight colors to mark the comment with that color.
This is typically used in situations where an organization has already decided upon color-codes for particular comment types.
Once you are happy with the comment you can press the
The comment will automatically be saved and updated in the comments box. If someone is remotely also viewing the same assets page, with the comments open they will also get the updated comment.
Replying to Comments
With the comments panel open:
- Click on Reply under the comment you wish to reply to.
- A text box will open.
- Type into the text box your reply.
Only parent comments can have the time-code on them, the reply inherits the parent comment's timecode.
Edit a Comment or Change the Timecode
To edit a comment go to the asset's page then:
- Click on the Comments icon on the left navigation bar.
- This will open the Comment panel.
- Change the comment or the timecode.