Adobe Premiere Pro Integration
iconik integrates with Adobe Premiere by using their panel architecture.
Make sure that you have read First Steps so you have setup the panel correctly and understand the workings of it.
The following is a list of some of the functionality supported by the Panel running in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Adobe Team Projects and standalone projects
- Support for searching and viewing assets in iconik from the Adobe Application.
- Support for opening files from iconik.
- Support for uploading a rendered sequence from within the Adobe Application to iconik.
- Support for uploading all non-iconik files that are used in a project to iconik.
- Automatically adding XMP metadata to an imported asset to track that it is managed by iconik upon importing into an Adobe Premiere project.
- Synchronizes project information to iconik so we know which assets came from iconik.
- Creation of relationships between Projects, Assets and Sequences that are uploaded to iconik.
- Proxy workflows
- Project Upload and Download
- iconik Storage Gateway Support.
- Motion Graphic Template Support
- Comments as Markers
Please see Panel First Steps for basic functionality of how to use the panel, search and import Assets.
The following functionality is only available with the panel running in Adobe Premiere Pro.
If an asset has been imported into Premiere Pro from iconik it will get a menu item ”Open in Source Monitor” within the panel. Choosing this will open the file in the Premiere Pro source monitor.
If an asset has been imported into Premiere Pro from iconik it will get a menu item “Select in Bin”. Selecting this will search the bin for this asset and highlight it.
From the search page, click on the gearbox. There will be an option for ”Search for Selected Bin Item”. If you have a Project Item selected in the Project Bin it will search iconik for that item.
Comments made in iconik will be imported into Premiere as markers, as long as the text contains standard a-z / A-Z & 0-9 characters. Some text that you can put in comments in iconik is not supported in Adobe Premiere Pro and those will be filtered out.
A unique reference (a UUID) is also entered into the comment so that we can manage the comments.