iconik Portal Sync Introduction
Cantemo Portal is Cantemo's flagship Media Asset Management system with powerful solutions for media, metadata, file handling and transcoding
Cantemo Portal can synchronize automatically with iconik using iconik Portal Sync which runs on Cantemo Portal. This means you can easily share assets and collaborate with a global audience and external stakeholders, no matter where they are.
- Easily share and collaborate on media that is located on premise and controlled by Cantemo Portal, regardless of location.
- Connect multiple Cantemo Portals to iconik for multi-office, multi-location scenarios.
- Uses Artificial Intelligence to make it easier than ever to discover content that is controlled by Cantemo Portal
- Use Cantemo Rules Engine 3, to create rules that can be triggered automatically selecting which media should be syncronized to iconik.
Depending on what you choose to upload, either the original, proxy, or thumbnails will be pushed to iconik, along with the associated metadata.
Configuring iconik for Portal Sync
Creating a storage
The next step is to create a storage in iconik representing the Portal instance.
In the Admin section, under
storages, create a new storage:
- Storage Purpose
- Storage Type
Make sure to give it a name you understand. On the next page make sure you select the
When you are done setting everything up press Create, then you have to press Edit to be able to note the storage id.
storage_id, and put that in to the configuration file as
ICONIK_PORTAL_STORAGE_ID. You find this in the URL when you are editing the storage in the format
Creating an application Token
Now it is time to create an application and a token that the Portal Sync will use for authenticating to Iconik.
In the Admin section, under
Settings / Application Tokens, create a new application and select the user that the Portal Sync will act as.
Copy the App ID and Token to the corresponding places in the configuration file.
Finding the Group and Admin View id
The Group you select will get permissions on the assets created, and the Metadata View need to include all fields you want to be able to sync from Portal to Iconik
- Cantemo Portal installation in one or more places.
- Cantemo Portal should be at version 3.3 or later
- Administrative access to Cantemo Portal for configuring
- An iconik account, with an administrators account for configuring
- Outbound firewall rules allow Cantemo Portal to communicate with the iconik REST API, and the cloud storage you are using.
Configuring Cantemo Portal
Cantemo Portal is distributed with it's own Administration documentation for that version of Cantemo Portal, and this is available from Cantemo Portal and you will find the documentation under apps for iconik Portal Sync.
Alternatively we have online documentation here, for setting up Cantemo Portal but please note it might be different to the version of Cantemo Portal you are running.